It is an honour to be the Vice Chancellor of Sido Kanhu Murmu University, Dumka. Following the spirit of the legendry freedom fighters we shall endeavour to seek freedom from ignorance and exclusion within the jurisdiction of the University. It is a young University but is committed to the goal of serving the socially-economically and geographically disadvantaged groups in a purposeful manner. To achieve the objective of ensuring greater access and inclusion in higher education, a new strategy is being incorporated which is based on:
- Adoption of a student centric approach in all its programmes.
- Increasing access and inclusion in the institutions of higher education.
- To improve quality of education by improving infrastructure, specially to the women and disadvantaged groups in educational delivery and maintaining sanctity of Examination.
- To upgrade curriculum and co-curriculum activities to ensure connectivity to a globalised India.
- To create a new identity of the University so that it has increased visibility in the academic arena.
I hope the new strategy will greatly benefit the students of this University in particular and the society in general.
Prof. (Dr.) Bimal Prasad Singh
Vice Chancellor, Sido Kanhu Murmu University, Dumka